Welcome to the School Counselor’s Page!
Hello, and welcome to the School Counselor’s Page! My name is Rachel Sole, and I am the School Counselor for all Saint Margaret Regional School students.
My role at the school is to provide support for students’ academic, social-emotional, and career development. Students meet with the school counselor through individual meetings, classroom lessons and/or small groups (“lunch bunches”). As the school counselor, I regularly collaborate with your child’s teacher, school administration, and parents to ensure that we are all working together to make sure your child feels supported at school as well as has a positive and enriching experience at St. Margaret’s.
I have an open-door policy for all students, meaning they are welcomed to come to my office throughout the day, as long as they have permission from their teacher. If you as a parent have a concern and would like me to meet with your child, please feel free to contact me via phone or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Should a referral to an outside agency be needed in order to best support your child, the school counselor can provide those recommendations to families. Below families can also find emergency numbers and resources that may be helpful.
As the school counselor, I also facilitate other school-wide programs such as the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program, which is our anti-bullying program, as well as our PK-8 character education program known as the “Spirit of the Month” (based on the Fruits of the Spirit from Galatians 5:22-23). For any students in grades 1-8 who are new to our school family, we have the “New Saints Club” program to help welcome your child to our building through individual or small group (by grade level) meetings with the school counselor.
I am looking forward to working with you and your child! Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have.
Best wishes for the school year!
Miss Sole’s Contact Information
Ph: 856-845-5200, ext. 107
Emergency Numbers and Resources for Families
For children in need of emotional stabilization due to crisis (extreme anger, violence toward others, self-harm, extreme anxiety), please contact the NJ Mobile Crisis Response & Stabilization Services (MRSS): 1-877-652-7624.
This organization is a 24/7 hotline that will send a social worker out to your home to meet with your child and set up counseling services.
For any concerns of abuse or neglect, please call the NJ Abuse Tip Line: 1-877-NJ ABUSE (1-877-652-2873)
For any additional resource information, please CLICK HERE
About Miss Sole:
- School Counselor at St. Margaret Regional School since 2013.
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) Accredited Counselor
- 2021 School Counselor of the Year for the Gloucester County Professional Middle School Counselors Association
- NJ Certified in School Counseling (K-12)
- Rowan University Graduate:
- 2010 (B.A., Psychology & Minor in Sociology)
- 2012 (M.A., Counseling in Educational Settings [K-12])
- Worked in field of Education since 2004, serving in various capacities from support to instructional staff for grades Pre-K through Higher Education
- Areas of interest in counseling include the following:
- Bullying Prevention and Awareness
- Anxiety in Adolescents
- Self-Esteem / Body Image Issues among Pre-Teen and Teen girls
- Academic Skill Improvement
- College and Career Readiness for First-Generation, Low-SES Students