Preschool conferences are held in February, prior to Kindergarten testing. There will be no school on those days to allow a fair amount of time to meet with everyone, so during the November conference dates, preschool will have regular days of school. We understand that many of our preschoolers have siblings in K-8, so if you will not be sending your child, or you would like me to dismiss them early, please let me know.
I am happy to let you know that our head room parents this year for the Preschool 3 class is Mrs. Jen Bileci (Cassie’s mom), and for the Pre K 4 class Mrs. Cristin Romano (Jude’s mom).
You can reach me by telephone at school, during school hours. Any other time, I am available by email. I am typically prompt with email responses, however, I will guarantee a response within 24 hours, with weekends and school holidays being the exception. If there is an urgent message please call the school, or send me a text using Remind (see below). As always, you can also send a note in your child’s folder as well.
school phone: (856)845-5200
text: see next section to sign up for Remind
Sign Up for Text Alerts via Remind
I would like to use this app for updates throughout the school year. I only send out information that is urgent, or time sensitive. You are also able to reply to me using the app, or send a quick message. (For example, if you are running late for drop-off or pick-up.)
Click the link below to sign up for Remind for your class.
Preschool 3 – https://www.remind.com/join/8k27hag
Preschool 4- https://www.remind.com/join/prek41920
What to bring?
- Your child only needs to bring a backpack, their folder (we will provide) and a change of clothes each day. I do not suggest they bring toys from home in case they get lost, but if they insist, it must be able to fit in the backpack.
- Morning snacks and drinks will be provided.
- Full day students should bring a lunch, and they may bring a blanket and stuffed animal or lovey to snuggle with at rest time(also must fit in the backpack).
What to wear?
- Comfortable clothes that your child can operate on their own in the bathroom. No belts, please! We like play outside each day, weather permitting.
Drop-Off and Pick Up
- Drop-Off begins at 8:15am. A teacher or aide from one of the classrooms will meet you at the door. If no one is there, please ring the doorbell. SMRS students are NEVER PERMITTED to open any doors for anyone, including faculty. This is for their safety, and the safety of all students in the school.
- Our day ends at 3:00. Your children will be brought to the doors and dismissed individually to their adult.
- You must park and walk up to the doors for drop-off and pick up. There is no car line.
- If you have children in older grades, they may be dismissed by the preschool doors. Please send a note to their teacher, and myself so we know to expect them.
- We love to celebrate birthdays at school! For birthday celebrations, you may send in a special snack for your child to share with the class. PLEASE SEE THE ALLERGY SECTION OF THIS PAGE.
- A child’s birthday is the most special day of the year, so I do not have any restrictions on the snacks as long as it adheres to the allergy policy.
Allergies – PEANUT/TREE NUT FREE CLASSROOM
To keep all of our students safe and healthy, I need your help as well.
- Our classroom is self-contained, which means we eat, work, and play in the same room. For this reason, we must maintain a 100% peanut and tree nut free policy.
- All lunches, snacks, birthday treats, and any other food items, must be free of peanuts or tree nuts. I am including a link to the safe snack guide for your reference.
- As we get to know all of our friends, I will update the allergy list as necessary. I want everyone to feel safe and comfortable in the classroom, and I am sure you all want the same.
- Please read the labels of purchased snacks, and please send in the label for teacher’s to verify ingredients. In some cases, cross-contamination is still dangerous.
- Please include ingredients with homemade snacks. This can be in an email or on an index card.
If your child has an allergy…
- Please make me aware immediately of any allergies your child may have, including environmental and insects.
- If it is a food allergy, you may send in a few “safe” snacks to keep on hand in the classroom. Snacks must be packaged and able to be stored at room temperature.
- Epi-pens and inhalers are kept in the classroom, but must be registered with the school nurse. Please send them in a ziploc bag with your child’s name and the prescription label attached on the
Beginning in October, we will start having Star Students. Each child will have a turn to share with the class. They will decorate a poster all about them, and they will bring in a favorite book and a special item. When it is your child’s turn, they will receive a letter with directions, and the poster in their folder. This takes us nearly all year, and we generally go in ABC order, so don’t panic if you don’t see your letter right away!
Very often, we welcome all of our preschool parents to visit the classroom on special days.
We will have some special days where we can only have a few parents help us. In those cases, volunteers must be fingerprinted and have attended Virtus Child Safety training. Please keep in mind that the trainings are only offered on select dates each month and may fill up. If you have any questions about child safety training, please let me know.