Click Here for the SMRS Newsletter.
While you’re spring cleaning….
We are looking to update our preschool video collection so if anyone is getting rid of children’s DVDs we would love to take them off your hands. (G-rating is preferred, but some PG are okay.)
Thank you for all of your help!
- April 18-28- NO SCHOOL (Easter Break)
- April 29-30- Scholastic Orders Due!
- May 3- Full Day of School, RACE FOR EDUCATION (See below!)
- May 10- PreK4 Mother’s Day Tea (11:00am, RSVP here)
- May 13- PreK4 Field Trip- Storybook Land
- Students and chaperones should arrive at school by 8:30am
- Estimated return to school on bus: 2:15pm
- Rain date: May 15
- May 16- PS3 Field Trip- Garden State Discovery Museum
- Students and chaperones should arrive at school by 8:30am
- Students will return to school before lunch
- May 17- Grandparents’ Day, 1pm Dismissal
- May 23- NO SCHOOL (Snow Day Bonus!)
- May 24- NO SCHOOL ( Snow Day Bonus!)
- May 27- NO SCHOOL (Memorial Day)
- May 30- NO SCHOOL (Ascension Thursday)
- June 7- 1pm Dismissal
- June 11- PS3 Move-Up Day – Time TBA (Last Day of School)
- June 12- PK4 Graduation 9:00am (Last Day of School)
Theme: Oh, The Places We’ll Go!
Letters: A-Z, C/V/C words
Numbers: Review 0-20
Religion: We Love Jesus!
Race 4 Education
The RACE FOR EDUCATION is Friday, May 3, 2019!
We need your help!
Choose AM, PM, or a full Day! Come join us by clicking on the signup link below, or emailing email@example.com
Don’t forget to turn in your sponsor forms!!!!
If you have not done so, and wish to receive classroom updates via text, please click this link to join your class:
Classroom Supply Needs
Thank you to all that have inquired about our classroom needs, and thank you to those that have sent things in! This time of year especially, we can always use wipes (wet ones/baby wipes and lysol), hand sanitizer, tissues and paper towels. We truly appreciate your help in keeping our children and classroom clean!
WANTED: Mystery Readers
Thank you to all of our special guests so far!
We will still be welcoming Mystery Readers throughout the rest of the school year. The children will not know who the reader will be until they come in. Please don’t spoil the surprise for your child! Our dates and times can be flexible to accommodate many readers. Please send me an email if you are interested with the dates you would like to come.
Spring Field Trips!
Permission and ticket forms have been sent home.
PS3- May 16 – Garden State Discovery Museum
PreK4- May 13 – Storybook Land
Students and chaperones should arrive to school by 8:30am on the day of their trip.
Summer Birthday Celebrations
In the upcoming months, we want to offer your children with summer birthdays a chance to celebrate with their friends. I will be sending an email as we get closer, but I wanted to give a heads up!
Germs Are Not for Sharing
Many of you are aware and appreciate our policy on maintaining germs within the school to prevent widespread infection during the school year. We would like to emphasize how important it is to ensure your child is healthy before sending them to school. We find it is beneficial for all students and staff to be vigilant and preventative as much as possible. This is especially beneficial for students within our community who fight life-threatening, chronic illnesses each day. When exposed to harmful bacteria, colds, and flu viruses, those children may face detrimental consequences to their health. With that said, please be mindful of those students when sending your children to school and work to the best of your ability to keep your child home if your child is symptomatic. We also ask that you keep these families and children in your prayers for hopes they continue to thrive in our community and one day find a cure to their diagnosis. We want these children to participate in all we have to offer despite the challenges they face. We know these families are very thankful for the understanding, compassion, and support you can provide. We thank you for abiding by our current policies while thinking of these families at the same time. Below are practices to help these families maintain a healthy and positive environment for their children:
- Identify whether your child is unusually tired, hazy-eyed, congested, flushed, or coughing and consider alternate care.
- Encourage and teach your families to wash hands by making soap and water and/or have alcohol-based hand foam/spray readily available should hands become contaminated with secretions, dirt, etc.
- Encourage everyone to cover their cough or sneeze with a tissue, throw the tissue away immediately, then wash or clean hands. If a tissue is not available, encourage everyone to cough or sneeze into their inner elbow.
- Teach children to refrain from putting hands in their mouths, and encourage them to keep their hands away from their face. Explain how germs spread and how they are contained.
- Teach everyone to be helpful, respectful, and mindful of others, considering the impact of your actions on those more at risk.
Pat on the Back Awards
Our whole school participates in a program known as “Fruits of the Spirit.” A different Christian attribute is chosen each month and children from each grade level are nominated by their teachers for exemplifying those qualities. In preschool we call this recognition, a “Pat on the Back.” Each month we choose one preschooler from our class to receive a Pat on the Back! Ms. Sole, our school counselor, will come into our classroom, explain each virtue with the help of the children, and then present our awards to our recipients. The children soon know the reason for Ms. Sole’s visits, love to be recognized, and learn a little bit about those virtues and what it means to emulate them. These Christian attributes are: Goodness, Peace, Kindness, Joy, Patience, Love, Gentleness, Faithfulness, and Self-Control.
September’s Goodness Winners:
Luke B. (PS3) Nora R. (PK4) Piper D. (PK4)
October’s Peace Winners:
Tyler B. (PS3) David M. (PK4) James H. (PK4)
November Kindness Winners:
Brayden D. (PS3) Giovanni M. (PK4) Chloe B. (PK4)
December Joy Winners:
Reese P. (PS3), Caroline C. (PK4), Eve B. (PK4)
January Patience Winners:
Emma L. (PS3), Mackenzie L. (PS3), Leslie S. (PK4), Lily K. (PK4)
February Love Winners:
Maddalena M. (PS3), Rosalie F. (PK4), Isabella M. (PK4)
March Gentleness Winners:
April Faithfulness Winners:
May Self-Control Winners:
Thank you to March Star Students: Maddie M., Gia P., David M., Lily K., Isabella M., and Matteo O. Students will each have a special week that they get to be Star Student! They will decorate a poster all about themselves to share with their friends. They also bring in their favorite book and an item to Show & Share. Letters will be sent home the week before to give you plenty of time to get ready!
We will have some special days where we can only have a few parents help us. In those cases, volunteers must be fingerprinted and have attended Virtus Child Safety training. Please keep in mind that the trainings are only offered on select dates each month and may fill up. If you have any questions about child safety training, please let me know.